Power to the people
Hand-me-downs, TV theme songs and poptopian dreaming
Published: October 20, 2010
"Looking into the future, we just would really like to build a community," Jax says. "Our main goal as a band is to be one of those bands like the Grateful Dead and like KISS, all those bands that, when people go to their shows, it's an experience and they're there to meet other people that tend to have to same kinds of interests as them because they're all of part of a community of people involved in what our band is all about. And to have that would be a dream. I don't even care how much money we make, I don't care how big we get, if we could have a following like that, it would be the best ever. I'd love it."
Power's Top 5 albums ever
• Joan Baez Blessed Are ...
• Tegan and Sara The Con
• Sufjan Stevens Sufjan Stevens Invites You To: Come on Feel the Illinois
• The White Stripes White Blood Cells
• ABBA Gold
• The Format Dog Problems
• Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life
• Minnie Riperton Perfect Angel
• Ennio Morricone The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
• Clipse Lord Willin'
> Email Kent Alexander